Jennifer says, “we’ve intentionally branded it in a really weird, unique and magical way. If you explore our website and look at the bottle, it really stands out. We wanted to evoke a potion or, or magical feeling. And the product itself is incredibly versatile. It is not only delicious on its own, you can pair with pretty much anything: whiskey, tequila, gin, vodka, sparkling wine, even some beers. And it makes these products taste better. And from my perspective, it elevates every kind of drink that it’s put into, whether it’s a simple cocktail or just drinking it on ice or mixing it in a really complex cocktail.”
Today, we interview Jennifer Toyzer, Founder & CEO of UME. UME is a delightfully tart, mildly sweet plum spirit featuring a show-stopping royal purple hue. It’s made from all-natural plums, grapes, & black cherries, with hints of green apple and lemon. It has 17% ABV, gluten-free, with half the sugar of similar apéritifs and is produced responsibly in California.
* What she’s grateful for
* Encouragement to other founders
* Overview and origin of UME
* Launching during COVID and the supply issues they experienced
* Getting validation from the industry
* Review of the product, including ingredients, history, and working with a mixologist
* Why UME is like a magical potion and condiment for your bar
* Advice for founders and dreamers building a business
* And more…
Join Ramon Vela and Jennifer Toyzer as we break down the inside story of UME on The Story of a Brand.
For more on UME, visit: https://www.drinkume.com/
Try some by using this promo code: STORYOFAPOTION10
This episode is brought to you by Sendlane.
Subscribe and listen to the podcast on all major apps. Simply search for “The Story of a Brand” on your favorite podcast player.