One of the company’s first products was a fruit jerky, which was a completely different product at the time. It immediately grabbed the attention of Whole Foods 365.
The idea for a sustainable fruit product came out of their supply chain logistical challenges in Mexico.
“It’s impossible to create an entirely different product without a completely different process, and it’s impossible to have a completely different process unless you make it or have someone that can make the machines,” Simón says.
In Part 1, Simón talks about:
* The early support the brand got from Whole Foods 365.
* His company’s history with food technology and the resulting products.
* Solely’s lunchbox program in Latin America provides healthy and affordable fruits for children.
* The unique challenges of launching a new food product in Mexico.
* How it’s difficult to grow fast without considerable expenses.
For more on Solely, visit: https://solely.com/
This episode is brought to you by Sendlane.
Subscribe and Listen to the podcast on all major apps. Simply search for “The Story of a Brand,” or click here to listen on your favorite podcast player: Listen now.