PYT Beauty‘s mission is to provide “clean” beauty products at a fair price, says Mary Schulman, Co-Founder and CEO. This would allow everybody to access products free of toxic ingredients without busting the budget.
That mission now includes product packaging made with post-consumer recycled plastic and bio-based sugar cane.
However, changing your life and career from a stable and high-paying job to something you love is a challenge, Mary says. She urges entrepreneurs to research and not just assume the grass is always greener in a new industry.
In Part 1, Mary talks about:
* How she transitioned from a finance career into starting a natural snack food company.
* Her daughter’s first look at the makeup in her purse sparked the idea of PYT Beauty.
* What reason drives the consumer to switch to “clean” products.
* The challenge to leave a stable career to do what you love.
* How to learn from uncomfortable situations.
* The grass isn’t always greener.
For more on PYT Beauty, visit: https://pytbeauty.com/
This episode is brought to you by Sendlane.
Subscribe and Listen to the podcast on all major apps. Simply search for “The Story of a Brand,” or click here to listen on your favorite podcast player: Listen now.