Terri has been in the beauty industry for the last 25 years. She started as a makeup artist and spent the previous 20+ developing artistry and education programs for companies like DIOR, Jose Maria.
Five years back, she started having problems doing her own makeup. Later, she was diagnosed with Parkinson’s and lost the ability to work as a professional makeup artist.
That day, Guide Beauty was born. Her goal was to create makeup and tools to get back into the game. Somewhere along the way, she made a prototype for herself. But it ended up helping others apply makeup easily.
She also talked about :
* How she changed her perspective after being diagnosed with Parkinson
* Turning a burden into a gift.
* How her brand embraces radical inclusivity
* Inclusivity helps brands create better products
* Introduction of universal designs for her products
For more on Guide Beauty, visit: https://www.guidebeauty.com/
This episode is brought to you by Yotpo.
Subscribe and Listen to the podcast on all major apps. Simply search for “The Story of a Brand,” or click here to listen on your favorite podcast player: Listen now.