Charlie’s Table is the non-gluten pasta made for everyone at the table, says David Landay, CEO and Co-founder of Charlie’s Table, an artisanal food brand that started with gluten-free, non-GMO fresh pasta.
The pasta creator owned an Italian restaurant in New York City when he discovered he was gluten-sensitive. He and a chef spent 18 months creating a gluten-free pasta that would be so good that nobody would know the difference.
The pasta is more than gluten-free – it’s also peanut-free, soy-free, dairy-free, GMO-free, and Keto-friendly.
David says he creates things because that’s what he loves to do.
“I see things differently than other people – I’m aware of that,” he says. “That’s what’s led to doing things, as I say, that people are doing. But if you think that way, I don’t want to run anything. I want to start it. I leave organizations after I start them. Other people are good at running them. That’s not what turns me on.”
Plans for Charlie’s Table include making a new flour for restaurants to help create healthier pasta.
In this episode, David talks about:
* An overview of Charlie’s Table and gratitude to the man who inspired the name.
* How the brand developed its original pasta product.
* The effect COVID had on the brand, particularly given the supply chain issues.
* The brand’s charitable mission.
* David’s history is working with nonprofits and Broadway Cares.
* Why he’d instead start a business than run one.
* Where to find the pasta now?
Join Ramon Vela and David Landay as they break down the inside story on The Story of a Brand.
For more on Charlie’s Table, visit: https://charliestable.com/
This episode is brought to you by Yotpo.
Subscribe and Listen to the podcast on all major apps. Simply search for “The Story of a Brand,” or click here to listen on your favorite podcast player: Listen now.