When there’s an empty shelf of a food product, the food producer is often the last to know. There are so many uphill issues with wholesale and retail stories that upstart brands must cope with, Connor says.
In Part 2, Connor discusses:
* How a startup food producer’s lack of resources can hurt retail sales.
* The product’s taste was the most challenging part of developing the dehydrated version of the product.
* The importance of having good partners from a food science perspective.
* How powdered products were easier to get into the U.S. market than liquid products.
* The challenges of being a startup include being forced to change the company’s name in 30 days.
For more on BlueBird Provisions, visit: https://bluebirdprovisions.co/
This episode is brought to you by Sendlane.
Subscribe and Listen to the podcast on all major apps. Simply search for “The Story of a Brand,” or click here to listen on your favorite podcast player: Listen now.