Connor discovered the health qualities of bone broth after suffering a devastating foot injury in 2016. The broth’s protein and amino acid composition proved to be a much-needed healing solution to his health troubles. When he discovered bone broth was hard to come by, he decided to make his own and sell it.
Today, Bluebird has a line of certified organic liquid bone broth and a new lineup of instant bone broth powder.
In Part 1, Connor discusses:
* How his athletic injury sparked a discovery of a little-known food product.
* How a longtime battle with anxiety and depression led him to become a more balanced human being.
* The importance of developing a “toolbox” of strategies to deal with personal and professional challenges.
* How the pandemic caused a near standstill in retail sales, forcing Bluebird to pivot to online DTC sales.
* The challenges of developing a shelf-stable version of the product.
* The discovery that the DTC version of the product also helped retail reception.
For more on BlueBird Provisions, visit: https://bluebirdprovisions.co/
This episode is brought to you by Sendlane.
Subscribe and Listen to the podcast on all major apps. Simply search for “The Story of a Brand,” or click here to listen on your favorite podcast player: Listen now.