Andrew says, “Wove is known for being the only engagement ring company that builds custom replica rings for our couples to try on at home. In essence, our couples, design, try-on and purchase their engagement rings without ever having to leave their home. And I think what’s surprising to most people is that the replica ring isn’t just a plastic ring that you try on, it looks and feels indistinguishable from the final ring.
Andrew says that Wove uses the same manufacturing process as a real ring. They use non-precious metals and imitation diamonds to create the replica rings, so you feel confident knowing you’re buying the right ring. Plus, there’s one more hidden benefit that I believe to be the best thing about this process. You get to keep that replica ring as your travel ring or adventure ring.
Today we interview Andrew Wolgemuth, Co-founder & CEO of Wove. Wove is a custom engagement ring company that provides exact replica rings for at-home try-on. Wove matches clients with their own expert jewelry designer over video chat to design their one-of-a-kind ring.
* Andrew’s gratefulness for his wife’s support
* Wove Origin story, which starts with two Army Rangers in Afghanistan
* 70% of couples buy their ring together
* How he grew up in the Jewelry business and lessons learned
* Why they are a mix of tech startup and master craftsman
* A breakdown of their customer process
* How customers get their own master craftsman to work with
* Challenges and advice for other entrepreneurs
* Why everything is made with “just-in-time” manufacturing
* Why it’s important that their customer feels seen and heard
* Why his team is his competitive advantage
* And more…
For more on Wove, visit: https://wovemade.com/
This episode is brought to you by Sendlane.
Subscribe and listen to the podcast on all major apps. Simply search for “The Story of a Brand” on your favorite podcast player.