Greg says, “one of the biggest challenges with apparel based e-commerce is that you can’t try it on. If you did, then you’d have to deal with a whole slew of reverse logistics issues because you’re likely gonna try something on and then return it, try something on and return, right? Which is not very good for the company. For example, abandonment is 35 percent based on sizing. Returns are in the 50 plus percentages based on size and fit related reasons and something like 82 percent of all inbound chat requests are for size and fit. It’s a tremendous problem across the board.”
Today we interview Greg Moore, Founder & CEO of WAIR. WAIR is inventing Sizeless Commerce. WAIR developed a product and size recommendation solution where they predict the body dimensions of the shoppers and align them with the a custom recommendation algorithm built for each product.
* His gratefulness for his parents and family
* How Rhone was his very first customer
* Why sizing is the problem to solve for apparel companies?
* Why brands don’t know the size and body dimensions of their customers
* The origins of WAIR and what they do
* Trends in the apparel industry
* Advice for SaaS founders
* Their vision of “Sizeless Commerce”
* Best practices for brands in apparel
* Customer Success story
* How they do size mapping
* Their onboarding and implementation process and why there’s no real maintenance
* Who makes an ideal user for WAIR?
* Why they like to work with brands with a sustainability focus
* Last words for listeners
Join Ramon Vela and Greg Moore, as we break down the inside story of Wair on The Story of a Brand.
For more on Wair, visit: https://www.getwair.com/
This episode is brought to you by Sendlane.
Subscribe and listen to the podcast on all major apps. Simply search for “The Story of a Brand” on your favorite podcast player.