In the second half, Maisa Mumtaz-Cassidy, Founder and CEO of Consciously, begins with the challenges of launching amid a pandemic. There were multiple delays as the supply chain was shut down or operating unpredictably. Tough choices had to be made, but that challenge ultimately became an advantage because it helped Consciously focus on the details.
Maisa says that Consciously has sustainability criteria of eight values of fair trade, vegan, handwork, transparent, women-owned, BIPOC owned, small-batch, and eco friendly. Brands should align with at least two out of the eight values of Consciously. She heartily mentions that most of the brands at Consciously align with at least four values.
Currently, there are about 50 brands on the Consciously website. The focus is on fashion, but Maisa says the company plans to launch several new categories – possibly beauty and home goods. The next big launch will be menswear.
In part 2, Maisa talks about:
* The challenges of product shortages and supply-chain chaos during the pandemic.
* The strategy of getting the word out for her business and the success of influencer marketing.
* The need to constantly test and evaluate how to reach customers.
* Why the brand’s website focused on inclusivity.
* What product lines will be launched next?
Join Ramon Vela and Maisa Mumtaz-Cassidy as they break down the inside story on The Story of a Brand.
For more on Consciously, visit: https://wearconsciously.co/